Caridon Property Covid-19 Update
31st March 2020
Caridon has been monitoring the guidelines on the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak very closely over the past few weeks. We are trying to minimise any disruption and maintain the essential service that we offer but our priority is to protect the health and safety of our staff and our tenants, therefore all of our offices are currently closed.
Please see below the steps that we are taking to continue providing our service at this time.
How is Caridon responding to Covid-19?
- Remote working arrangements
- Our IT systems have allowed us to quickly adapt from office-based work to remote working with no interruption in services.
- We are communicating regularly with all employees to ensure that they are fully supported and to keep them updated on how we are responding the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Property Management
- Although our offices are currently closed, all Portfolio Managers remain available and can be contacted by telephone or email for any queries.
- Property Maintenance
- As per the current government guidelines, we are carrying out emergency maintenance works only. Emergency repairs are those which would impact your health or safety if left unattended. Further information can be found here:- Emergency Maintenance Services
- In order to contain the spread of Covid-19 and for the safety of our staff, should you contact us to report a maintenance issue please let us know whether anyone in your household displays any Covid-19 symptoms or is currently self-isolating so that we can assess the best way to assist you.
- If your accommodation is attended to by a member of our maintenance team, we will ensure that they take proper precautions, including wearing personal protective equipment, as well as following socially distancing measures.
- Tenant Support
- We are working to identify vulnerable tenants and doing all we can to provide extra support. We are also signposting tenants to local support agencies to help them through this difficult time so please contact us if you require these services.
- We have signage throughout our buildings regarding government advice and guidelines on social distancing.
- If you are worried about the financial impact and your ability to pay rent, or if you struggling with loss of employment due to the Covid-19 outbreak, and need to apply for Universal Credit we have experienced staff that can assist you. Please contact us on 0203 841 2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are unprecedented times and our team’s response to this crisis has been amazing. We would like to thank each and every one of them for embracing the necessary changes. This is crucial not only for the safety of our landlords and stakeholders, but also for our tenants, many of whom are extremely vulnerable and will be in desperate need of our support, now more than ever. We will continue to monitor government guidelines and will update our policies accordingly.