Fire incident - Terminus House

28th August 2019

On the morning of 28 August 2019, at approximately 1.05am, the automatic fire alarm at Terminus House in Harlow alerted building management and emergency services to a fire in the building.

A fire had started in the kitchen area of a flat on the 14th floor of the building when a toaster was accidentally placed on a hob that was still on. The fire was contained within three minutes of the smoke alarm going off and smoke damage was limited to the kitchen area. There were no injuries. Essex Fire Service has also reported that the fire “had been quickly extinguished by the building’s automatic sprinkler system.”

We had four members of staff on site who were immediately able to respond to the situation in accordance with our procedures and assist emergency services. All our properties have visible, local maintenance teams in place.

We are pleased with our build, design and fire strategy which caters for incidents such as this. Our buildings are fully compliant with stringent building controls and are designed to prevent the spread of fire and risk of injury. All flats and communal areas are fitted with sophisticated sprinkler systems which worked according to specification. A handful of surrounding apartments have suffered minor water damage from the sprinkler system. Water dryers have been put in place and new furniture has been ordered.

Terms + Condition

Privacy

© Caridon Property 2019

{{$site_styles]]